Current Employment Opportunities
RN Triage Nurse (Call Center)
Monday – Friday; working from our Call Center location (Burlington, Iowa) and within Call Center hours of operation.
This position does not offer face to face patient care. The Call Center Triage Nurse (RN) serves as an extension of our care teams by triaging patient calls across all CHC/SEIA health centers. Call Center Triage RN ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner by working in partnership with Patient Services Agents (PSA) and staff in the health centers including support staff, nurses, and providers across all services. Primary responsibility is to complete assessment of patients calling-in that cannot be scheduled by PSA scheduling protocol in coordination with providers and clinical support staff. Call Center Triage RN will leverage professional judgment, critical thinking and state regulations to deliver patient care within the limits of the State of Iowa’s Registered Nurse (RN) limitations and law. Iowa RN license required with minimum five (5) years of experience as RN in a healthcare setting/phone triage.
West Burlington Clinic
– Full Time
Full time position for a Registered Dental Assistant (preferred) or Dental Assistant Trainee to perform para-professional dental work, receptionist functions, dental radiography and all other essential functions and duties. Monday – Friday within clinic hours of operation. Registered by the State of Iowa as a Registered Dental Assistant (preferred) with 4-hour State Board-approved radiation seminar and certificate to operate dental X-ray equipment; or Dental Assistant Trainee status in Iowa.
Full Time; Monday – Thursday, 7:00am – 6:00pm (Friday off)
Under general supervision of the Clinical Manager, performs medical assistant work within the limits of the law of the State of Iowa. Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant or LPN training program. Must be certified by a national association (e.g. AAMA, NHA, NCCT) as a Certified Medical Assistant or by the State of Iowa as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Two (2) years of medical experience or similar experience preferred. If not currently licensed or certified, must obtain within six (6) months of hire. Submit resume with cover letter for consideration.
Behavioral Health LPN
– Full Time
Monday – Thursday, 7:00am – 6:00pm. Some flexibility required.
The Behavioral Health Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing support services for the behavioral health professional staff within the limitations of licensure and law. Iowa LPN license required with minimum two years LPN experience required. Two years behavioral health experience (inpatient or outpatient) preferred.
Essential functions and duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and complete phone calls, walk-ins and late patients needing triaged for behavioral health services. Patients will be assessed appropriately for urgency of care. These conversations will be documented as appropriate in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Coordinate needs of walk-ins, which include behavioral health patients with questions, patients needing to pick-up sample medications and/or prescriptions and document such in patient’s electronic health record. Monitor and manage sample medications ordered by psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner and prescriptions that are waiting for pick-up by patient.
- Manage and coordinate communication between primary care providers and behavioral health professionals, including appropriateness of consults, same-day in-house referrals, coordinating next behavioral health professional and/or primary care provider integrated visits.
- Oversees appropriate scheduling of behavior health patients in coordination with front desk staff.
- Completes referrals made by behavior health providers, prior authorizations for medications ordered by psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner and lab or diagnostic testing as assigned.
- Coordinate and manage the Medication Assistance Program (MAP) at CHC by assisting patients in the application process, placing medication orders with appropriate documentation. Medication will be received and dispensed to patients per CHC procedures. All procedures will be documented appropriately in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Attend meetings and be an active member of the behavioral health team.
- Participates in maintaining continuous quality improvement for behavior health services.
- Coordinate and serve as a resource to other CHC staff for emergent court committals of in house patients. Assist primary care and behavioral health providers with the appropriate documentation for the committal process.
- Assist clinical nursing staff with patient flow to minimize patient wait and maximize the efficiency of each patient visit. This can include by is not limited to the following: assist with rooming patients, complete lab tests and/or injections ordered during the office visit, take phone calls, return patient and /or other agency phone calls, assist providers with procedures.
- Work as clinical nurse as needed and as assigned.
West Burlington Pediatric Clinic
Louisa County Clinic
Medical Services Manager
– Full Time
Under the general supervision of the Chief Operations Officer and in close collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this position is responsible for the day-to-day activities, planning, organizing, directing and implementing primary medical and integration of other health programs at the designated site. Position is responsible for ensuring that CHC/SEIA’s medical services provided follow appropriate policies and procedures, clinical standards of care, patient and staff safety, and environment of care guidelines. Ensures that support staff functions including clinical equipment, interpreter services, patient complaints, primary care clinical quality assurance processes are followed. Oversees all applicable facility and vendor operations for the designated site.
Directly supervises medical support staff (including nurses and support staff), and maintains appropriate clinical support staffing for provider staff. Ensures primary care clinical reporting and provider productivity, and all applicable related matters and in close collaboration with the CHC/SEIA Chief Medical Officer (CMO), are efficiently and effectively completed. Matters related to such things as facilities, equipment, provider contract issues, provider licensing/renewals (medical, state controlled, federal DEA, provider staffing plans, provider clinical services/schedule, etc.), community relations (site specific), gross charge setting, credentialing/ privileging and malpractice claim(s) would be coordinated primarily with the CHC/SEIA Chief Operations Officer (COO); and in close collaboration with the CHC/SEIA CMO.
Iowa licensed RN with minimum 5 years healthcare experience; 3 years direct management required.
Keokuk Medical Clinic
Physician – Family Practice
- Full Time
Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm with flexible scheduling as required.
Primary location in Keokuk to serve all of our Keokuk service locations with travel to other locations as needed. This position serves as one of several IT Technicians that coordinates day-to-day IT operational and support activities for the organization; provides technical support for CHC/SEIA’s critical applications (EPM; EMR; EDR; Accounting; and others), technology (Microsoft; Cisco; and others), and vendors for coordination of IT infrastructure and related services including equipment, security, application version upgrades, etc. Assists Billing Manager/I.T. Manager with new IT initiatives including strategy (security, phones, video conferencing, and tele-health systems), plans, schedules, and helps develop approaches to enhance company capabilities for user support. Associates Degree in Information Technology, MIS or related field required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Previous experience in computer troubleshooting and problem solving required Previous experience with a variety of computer applications required. Must be able to demonstrate management knowledge of CHC/SEIA’s IT infrastructure components including experience with Microsoft OS (Windows server 2012, Exchange 2012, Active Directory, 7+ Professional, XP-Pro, XPe, IE, etc.), Citrix, and other enabling technologies.
Full Time; Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Responsible for patient billing (e.g. cash posting, and collections of the clinic’s accounts receivable) for all CHC/SEIA sites. Assists in maintaining patient account information for accuracy in all aspects of the processes for the organization. Maintains knowledge of and application of third party health plan regulations. Assist in maintaining health plan documents that allows for easy access and response time to payors, auditors, and our internal or external customers. High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of two years dental or medical billing experience or similar experience. Demonstrated knowledge of medical/dental insurance terminology. Demonstrated knowledge of medical/dental insurance billing regulations. Submit resume with cover letter for consideration.