Current Employment Opportunities
New full time position for experienced Controller to work under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO); responsible for the overall accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of CHC/SEIA’s financial statements and reporting systems, including maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job; and not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements)
- Maintains the general ledger accounting system. Includes maintenance of chart of accounts, timely system upgrades and ensuring optimal use of the accounting system, including efficient use of report writing tools.
- Ensures processes for timely, accurate, and efficient month-end close and ensures necessary journal entries are booked and reviewed; and timely preparation and analysis of the monthly financial statements.
- Safeguards assets by maintaining a system of internal controls. Including maintaining integrity of internal controls over cash receipts, maintaining adequate depreciation schedules, internal controls over accounting transactions, the adherence to internal accounting policies and procedures, and the implementation of internal financial audits where necessary.
- Oversight and management of grant reporting and grant budgeting, including invoicing, grant draws and ensuring expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets through the grant/funding period.
- Supports accounting, payroll, and accounts payable functions.
- Oversees the payroll and accounts payable functions.
- Assists CFO with special projects, as needed, including the annual 330 and operating budget, productivity analysis, annual cost report submission, annual UDS reporting submission, and annual financial statement audit completion.
- Responsible for maximizing utilization of accounting system.
- Ensures that the system provides appropriate and accurate data, and is backed up on a regular basis.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of accounts payable program, payroll/personnel program, and general ledger program.
- Coordinates preparation of the annual tax reports and resolves interim tax issues.
- Coordinates preparation of the annual 990 tax reports and resolves interim tax issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 10 years in public or private accounting or equivalent experience and education. Healthcare financial management preferred. Proven data management and analysis skills.
West Burlington Clinic
Quality Services Assistant (CMA)
Full time position for highly skilled Certified Medical Assistant to support the Quality Assurance Program; employee health and safety program; maintain clinical policies/SOPs; and communication within clinical leadership team.
Certified as a Medical Assistant by national association or Iowa LPN license required with minimum 1-year CMA experience. Must possess strong computer and word processing skills for Microsoft Office Professional: Word, Excel, Access. Candidates selected for interview must complete/pass computer skills testing.
Keokuk Medical Clinic
Physician – Family Practice
Behavioral Health Consultant
- Full Time
New position to join our integrated primary & behavioral health care teams to function both as a patient care provider (e.g. same day assessment, treatment, warm handoff, brief intervention) as well as primary staff consultant and coordinator of integrated behavioral healthcare. Positions available in our West Burlington clinic and Keokuk clinic.
MSW from accredited masters’ social work program; or Ph.D or Psy.D in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA approved program. Iowa licensure required. 3 years integrated behavioral healthcare experience preferred.
Competitive salary and full benefits package with opportunity to apply for NHSC Loan Repayment Program.
Behavioral Health RN
- Full Time
Full time position for Behavioral Health RN to provide support services for the behavioral health professional staff. Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm with flexibility required to work varied hours as needed. Two years behavioral health experience (inpatient or outpatient) preferred. Iowa RN license required.
Clinical Support (CMA or LPN)
- Full Time
Full time position for Certified Medical Assistant or LPN to support medical provider performing medical assistant work. Monday – Friday within clinic hours of operation with flexibility needed to accommodate scheduling changes as needed. No weekends, no holidays. Graduate from an approved Medical Assistant or LPN training program. Must be certified by a national association (e.g. AAMA, NHA, NCCT) as a Certified Medical Assistant or by the State of Iowa as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Two (2) years of medical experience or similar experience preferred.
Keokuk Dental Clinic
- Full Time (to begin in 2019)
Perform periodontics, oral surgery, prosthodontics, pediatric dentistry; refer patients to the necessary specialist for services outside of the scope of general dentistry or for those of unusual difficulty; follow office sterilization/hygiene protocol; supervise assigned dental staff in provision of patient care; participate in staffing, in-service training, patient education, and other meetings as appropriate. D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree required with licensure to practice in State of Iowa.
- Full Time
Full time position for a Registered Dental Assistant (preferred) or Dental Assistant Trainee to perform para-professional dental work, receptionist functions, dental radiography and all other essential functions and duties. Monday – Friday within clinic hours of operation. Registered by the State of Iowa as a Registered Dental Assistant (preferred) with 4-hour State Board-approved radiation seminar and certificate to operate dental X-ray equipment; or Dental Assistant Trainee status in Iowa.